The activities of APAA are directed to promoting and enhancing intellectual property protection throughout the Asian region as well as fulfilling the objects of the association. The activities include
- exchanging information and views concerning intellectual property protection;
- establishing and maintaining close contacts with various governmental, inter-governmental, and non-governmental organizations relating to intellectual property, and to participate in meetings to be held by such organizations;
- investigating, studying and submitting plans and proposals with a view to assisting in improving international and domestic laws and regulations concerning intellectual property protection in the Asian region;
- holding a Council Meeting every year and a General Assembly every three years;
- publishing materials covering the activities of the association.